What are the different types of cams available at Balluff?

Different types of cams

Both mechanical and inductive switches need a cooperative „partner“ to switch. These

“partners“ are called cams.

Balluff offers the mechanical cams to the U-slot and T-slot. For cam drums, there are also special round cams. For the electrical variant there are special damping strips in slot shape (inductive cams).




U-slot cam with hexagon socket to attach                             T-slot cam



Around cams                                                                                Inductive cams


Cam trays


To attach the cams properly, we offer cam trays. It is important to select the cam trays with the appropriate pitch for the BNS and the receptacle (U or T-slot) that fits the cams.


Learn more about Balluff cams