Analog Input to an IO-Link Port. What resolution can I expect?
It is easy to connect any standard Analog Input ( as below ) and bring these signals into the network using our IO-Link interfaces.
- Voltage: 0 to10 V, -10 to10 V, 0 to 5 V, -5 to 5 V, 5 to 10 V
- Current: 4 to 20mA, 0 to 20mA
- Temperature: PT100, PT1000, Thermocouple Type J / Type K
Depending on the number of signals, we can connect to 1, 4 or 8 inputs using a single interface which connects to the IO-Link Master.
- 1 dedicated: BNI0042, BNI004C, BNI0041
- 1 configurable: BNI00C6
- 4 dedicated: BNI0008, BNI0007
- 8 configurable: BNI00AJ
The signals are converted in the interface using 10 bit, 12bit, 14 bit or 16bit depending on the interface and the data format.
Note: We are not limited to just inputs, outputs are also possible.
You can contact your local Balluff expert for the best solution!